Streaming Forum 2013, the new cutting-edge event by the team behind Streaming Media Europe, will focus on the streaming media game-changers that will continue to drive our industry to new heights in the coming years, with a special emphasis on key hot spots. Here we take a closer look at the Formats, Protocols and Standards track.
If you’ve paid any attention to the technical discussions surrounding online video in the last year, you know that MPEG-DASH and HEVC/H.265 are the buzzwords of the day. But are they just buzzwords, or do they really represent a sea change in how video is delivered via IP? This track will devote several sessions exclusively to MPEG-DASH and HEVC/H.265, along with exploring related topics such as encoding for multiple screens, closed captioning, and choosing enterprise-class and cloud encoders:
- How to Encode for Multiple Screens
- Case Study: How The BBC Ensured Live Streaming Resilience For The Olympics
- Case Study: HBO Europe – A Broadcaster’s Guide to the TV Everywhere Universe
- Practicalities of Putting Captions on IP-Delivered Video Content
- How to Choose an Enterprise-Class Encoder
- How to Choose a Cloud Encoder
- DASH and HEVC: New Standards Enabling Ultra- High Quality Video Services
- Media Server Application Trends
- Leveraging MPEG-DASH for Enhanced Revenue Security
- MPEG DASH & HEVC: Seeing Through the Hype
- HEVC and OTT: Challenges and Perspectives
- How (and When) to Incorporate H.265 into Your Publishing Workflows
More about the Formats, Protocols and Standards track.
A new, cutting edge Conference for innovators, practitioners and decision makers 18-19 June in London
- 30 panel sessions, how-to sessions and presentations in 3 tracks
- Case studies and success stories from Bayer Benelux, BBC, Channel 4, Google, HBO Europe, London Olympics, Major League Baseball, Manchester City FC, NHS, Royal College of Surgeons, Topshop, UBS and more
- Sponsor Showcase, Party, Networking, and Streaming Media’s European Readers’ Choice Awards!