I say this every year, but I mean it more each time: This year’s Streaming Media Europe really is set to be the best ever, with great speakers and a brand-new venue. You can see the entire programme online–we’re still filling in a few speaker slots, but almost all of the panels and presentations are now slotted. The highlight sof the event are our keynotes; on Day 1 (18 October), we’ve got Ian Mecklenburgh from Virgin Media talking about “Streaming to the Connected Home,” while on Day 2 we feature YouTube Europe Engineering Director Oliver Heckmann offering a “Peek Inside YouTube”
Archive | Pre-Conference Workshops RSS feed for this section
We’ve just announced the full programme for this year’s Streaming Media Europe, to be held at the Novotel London West in Hammersmith, 14-16 October. You can check out the entire programme here, but here are some highlights:
• Keynotes from Myles MacBean, VP & General Manager, Disney Online EMEA; Nicholas Wheeler, Managing Director, ITN On; Dr. William Cooper, CEO, informitv; and Guy Phillipson, CEO of the Internet Advertising Bureau UK. Watch this blog in coming weeks for video interviews with our keynotes.
• Pre-conference workshops on the topics Live Broadcasting for Silverlight and Windows Media Player, Encoding H.264 for Streaming and Progressive Download, Developing a Rich Video Player for the Adobe Flash Platform, and Planning, Building, and Launching a Video Blog.
• Two full days of conference sessions, which will feature speakers from the BBC, Sony, Microsoft, Cisco, Global-MIX, Deutsche Telekom, Level 3, Teliasonera, Akamai, Telemak, Livestation, RealNetworks, Adobe, Tremor Media, Adap.tv, Red Bee Media, Thomson Reuters and more.
Early registration discounts apply until 25 September.
Videos from all of the breakout sessions at this year’s Streaming Media Europe are now available here. Unfortunately, we’re not able to present videos of the keynote sessions, but if you take a look at the player, you’ll see that all 18 sessions are now online for viewing; you can also embed links to individual session videos on your own sites if you wish. I’ll be highlighting and discussing individual session videos in future posts.
Also, speaker presentations from the sessions and several of the pre-conference workshops are now available on the Streaming Media Europe programme page. If a particular presentation you’re looking for isn’t there, please let me know, and I’ll do my best to track it down.
We’re looking for Europe-based presenters for the following sessions at Streaming Media Europe, both on Wednesday 15 October:
Comparing Video Formats and Encoding Tools, 10.00-13.00: This updated workshop is a crash course to help you evaluate and select the right delivery format for your content. Attendees will see direct comparisons of the latest streaming media formats and codecs, including Flash, QuickTime/MPEG-4, RealMedia, and Windows Media, and objectively evaluate and quantify the pros and cons of each format. A comparison of encoding applications will also be discussed to help you choose the tools to get the best-quality results for your content.
Webcasting Essentials, 14.00-17.00: Work through the five phases of a webcast—planning, production, encoding, authoring, and distribution. To add to your real experience, the workshop itself is treated as a webcast, with the goal to webcast live from the workshop. This workshop covers production techniques and encoding hardware and software including the Windows Media Encoder and RealProducer. Workshop attendees are encouraged to participate in the webcast production to get the full “live” rush.
If you’re interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a CV or list of your credentials. We’re looking for someone with solid presentation skills as well as hands-on experience in the subject areas.
Streaming Media Europe 2008 doesn’t officially open until 16 October, but on 15 October we’ll have five in-depth workshops. The first is “Delivering Content With Adobe Flash Media Server,” a three-hour workshop that will be presented by Steve Allison, who’s a technical evangelist for Adobe’s Dynamic Media Group covering the EMEA region. Steve’s background includes content management, protals, ecommerce and financial service technologies, so he brings not only knowledge of FMS but also a breadth of perspective that will help him present that information in a variety of real-world application contexts. The workshop will cover integrated live video streams, delivery to mobile devices, encrypted streaming, and new logging/measurement tools. For a full description, see our preliminary programme (pdf version here).
- Encoding & Transcoding Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 June 12, 2013
- Meet our Streaming Forum Speaker: Brendan Carney June 10, 2013
- Video Infrastructure Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 June 7, 2013
- Live Event Webcasting Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 June 6, 2013
- Formats, Protocols and Standards Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 June 4, 2013
- Dailymotion: More Than Just UGC September 30, 2008
- Flash Media Server Session to Kick Off Pre-Conference Workshops June 13, 2008
- Cisco Predicts Video Will Make Up 91% of all Internet Traffic by 2014 June 2, 2010
- Big Changes Coming at Dailymotion? April 15, 2009
- How to Create a Customized Flash Video Player October 20, 2008
- Video streaming și trafic internet | Spice TV Blog: [...] Streaming Media Europe Share [...]...
- Tweets that mention The European CDN Market: Video | Streaming Media Europe Blog -- Topsy.com: [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Dan Ra...
- Cisco Predicts Video Will Make Up 91% of all Internet Traffic by 2014 at Francisco Espinosa: [...] by: Eric Schumacher-Rasmussen June 2, [...]...
- Lesa: Great work....
- streaming: is it new ?...
- Only a week to go - have you registered yet? http://t.co/1JplacSBNW http://t.co/8GrQO5f51W 5 years ago
- SM Europe Feature Streaming Forum Preview: Video and the Future of Education http://t.co/A3OXZCDlej 5 years ago
- SM Europe Blog Meet our Streaming Forum Speaker: Brendan Carney http://t.co/CeO853XENN 5 years ago
- Meet our Streaming Forum Speaker: Brendan Carney http://t.co/igLVps9EFa 5 years ago
- Meet our Streaming Forum Speaker: Brendan Carney http://t.co/WFsOD6TuHV http://t.co/88Ab9CAqdS 5 years ago