Thanks to everyone who made last week’s Streaming Media Europe event such a success. We’ll have official numbers from the event soon, and we’ll also be posting video of all the sessions. In the meantime, we’ve got a great video for you from Adobe. They were set to present a session at Streaming Media West in San Jose, Calif., on “How to Create a Customized Flash Video Player,” but had to cancel that session. Kevin Towes from Adobe was kind enough to record that presentation and post it online—you can get it here, along with contact information for Kevin if you have any follow-up questions.
Tag Archives | Flash Video
I’m thrilled to announce that along with expanding our online presence via this blog and the Streaming Media Global site, we’re finally going to have a print presence in the UK and Europe beginning in September, with the first printing of the UK and Europe Edition of Streaming Media magazine. (It’s a once-a-year publication for now, but we’ll examine the frequency after we see what response is.)
In addition to in-depth Q&As with each of the keynote speakers for the Streaming Media Europe show, the magazine will include a look at the content delivery space in Europe and the UK as well as hands-on articles about Flash Video, webcasting with Windows Media and Silverlight, and producing content for mobile devices.
This is great news for our UK and Europe readers who, until now, have only had access to the digital version of Streaming Media magazine. And it’s free to qualified readers in the UK and Europe. You can subscribe here, and if you do so before the end of July, you’ll be entered into a random drawing to win a new 3G iPhone.
Streaming Media Europe 2008 doesn’t officially open until 16 October, but on 15 October we’ll have five in-depth workshops. The first is “Delivering Content With Adobe Flash Media Server,” a three-hour workshop that will be presented by Steve Allison, who’s a technical evangelist for Adobe’s Dynamic Media Group covering the EMEA region. Steve’s background includes content management, protals, ecommerce and financial service technologies, so he brings not only knowledge of FMS but also a breadth of perspective that will help him present that information in a variety of real-world application contexts. The workshop will cover integrated live video streams, delivery to mobile devices, encrypted streaming, and new logging/measurement tools. For a full description, see our preliminary programme (pdf version here).
- Media & Entertainment Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 May 24, 2013
- Education & Training Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 May 23, 2013
- Meet our Streaming Forum Speaker: Ben Kittow May 21, 2013
- Meet our Streaming Forum Speaker: Ronen Artman May 20, 2013
- Meet our Streaming Forum Speaker: Simon Frusher May 16, 2013
- Flash Media Server Session to Kick Off Pre-Conference Workshops June 13, 2008
- Cisco Predicts Video Will Make Up 91% of all Internet Traffic by 2014 June 2, 2010
- Dailymotion: More Than Just UGC September 30, 2008
- 10 Downing Street Boosting Online Video Presence August 19, 2008
- Online Video Trend Survey—Win a PS3! January 29, 2009
- Video streaming și trafic internet | Spice TV Blog: [...] Streaming Media Europe Share [...]...
- Tweets that mention The European CDN Market: Video | Streaming Media Europe Blog -- Topsy.com: [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Dan Ra...
- Cisco Predicts Video Will Make Up 91% of all Internet Traffic by 2014 at Francisco Espinosa: [...] by: Eric Schumacher-Rasmussen June 2, [...]...
- Lesa: Great work....
- streaming: is it new ?...
- Media & Entertainment Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 http://t.co/Xl7wNzBlWy 2 hours ago
- SM Europe Blog Media & Entertainment Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 http://t.co/YuBYjAG5UK 1 hour ago
- Readers's Choice Award - Last day to vote! We have received over 13,000 votes already - have you cast yours???... http://t.co/YyB8sWhr8D 13 mins ago
- Media & Entertainment Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 http://t.co/HdYRpFsGrV http://t.co/ZRknM5m2c3 27 mins ago
- SM Europe Feature Rightster Explains Smart Caching for Long-Form Libraries http://t.co/WgZ9qErPTP 2 hours ago