Microsoft officially launches at an event in San Francisco on Friday. But why wait until then to find out the latest and greatest? Ben Waggoner, Microsoft’s principal video strategist for Silverlight, sat down with our Troy Dreier to talk about some of the leading features—including out-of-browser playback—in the new Silverlight 3. Check it out here.
Tag Archives | Microsoft
This week’s developments in online video:
• Brightcove announced it had been selected by La Vanguardia to publish the newspaper’s online video. La Vanguardia is the largest newspaper in Barcelona, and this marks another big move by Brightcove in their on-going European expansion.
• Datmedia is making a major push with its Datpresenter online video platform (which Streaming Media reviewed here), but they’ve also introduced a very neat new enhanced podcasting tool. You can learn more about it by listening to this podcast, which we recorded with Datmedia’s Jay Pritchard at Streaming Media East in New York earlier this month.
• Harmonic Inc. announced at the ANGA Cable show in Cologne that its Direct-2-Edge (D2E) solution had been deployed by South Korea’s SK Broadband, for what it called the “largest commercial IPTV launch to date.”
• Ooyala officially announced its new “Swift” player; we broke the news last week in another Streaming Media podcast.
One of the biggest roadblocks to wider adoption of Microsoft Silverlight is that so many video and interactive ads are created in Flash. Contentinople is reporting that Panache has released technology that lets publishers serve Flash ads in Silverlight video streams. Check out the full post here. Microsoft believes this should make Silverlight more appealing, and they’re right.
- Encoding & Transcoding Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 June 12, 2013
- Meet our Streaming Forum Speaker: Brendan Carney June 10, 2013
- Video Infrastructure Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 June 7, 2013
- Live Event Webcasting Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 June 6, 2013
- Formats, Protocols and Standards Focus at Streaming Forum 2013 June 4, 2013
- Dailymotion: More Than Just UGC September 30, 2008
- Flash Media Server Session to Kick Off Pre-Conference Workshops June 13, 2008
- Cisco Predicts Video Will Make Up 91% of all Internet Traffic by 2014 June 2, 2010
- Big Changes Coming at Dailymotion? April 15, 2009
- How to Create a Customized Flash Video Player October 20, 2008
- Video streaming și trafic internet | Spice TV Blog: [...] Streaming Media Europe Share [...]...
- Tweets that mention The European CDN Market: Video | Streaming Media Europe Blog -- Topsy.com: [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Dan Ra...
- Cisco Predicts Video Will Make Up 91% of all Internet Traffic by 2014 at Francisco Espinosa: [...] by: Eric Schumacher-Rasmussen June 2, [...]...
- Lesa: Great work....
- streaming: is it new ?...
- Only a week to go - have you registered yet? http://t.co/1JplacSBNW http://t.co/8GrQO5f51W 4 years ago
- SM Europe Feature Streaming Forum Preview: Video and the Future of Education http://t.co/A3OXZCDlej 4 years ago
- SM Europe Blog Meet our Streaming Forum Speaker: Brendan Carney http://t.co/CeO853XENN 4 years ago
- Meet our Streaming Forum Speaker: Brendan Carney http://t.co/igLVps9EFa 4 years ago
- Meet our Streaming Forum Speaker: Brendan Carney http://t.co/WFsOD6TuHV http://t.co/88Ab9CAqdS 4 years ago